Holiday Food Gifts That Will Delight
If you’re attending a New Year’s Eve dinner or post-holiday brunch, you’ll want to bring a tasty host treat. Holiday food gifts are an easy way to say “thank you” or “Happy Holidays” without shopping for gifts that your recipient may or may not like. Whether you get your inspiration from Pawleys Island fine dining recipes or recreate a family traditional recipe, your host will appreciate the time you’ve put into your best holiday treat.
Best Holiday Food Gifts
While it may be tempting to throw together a plate of holiday cookies, there are several holiday food gifts you can create that are sure to make your recipient’s day. Once you create your favorite food gifts, the packaging completes the experience.
Consider whether you’d like to go sweet or savory and if you want a holiday food gift with crunch or something that goes down smooth. Once you’ve decided on the type of food, remember to put some thought behind the presentation. Creative gift tags, holiday ribbon, or containers the host can keep will complete the package beautifully. Still not sure which food gift best fits the friends or family on your list? Try matching their personality to our list below.
- Grillmaster: Who doesn’t love a practical gift? For the person in your life who never misses a chance to fire up the grill to treat neighbors and friends like they’re fine dining Pawleys Island style, create a grill master gift basket. A bottle of homemade barbeque sauce or seasoning rub will add some flavor to the meal. Pair it with a nice basting brush and cutting board, and your gift is complete.
- Movie lover: Create a gourmet popcorn basket for the movie lover in your life. Make a popcorn seasoning they will love. This Coconut-Curry Popcorn Seasoning offers a sweet flavor with a touch of heat or choose from this creative list of popcorn recipes. Add fresh popcorn kernels and a box of movie candy and you’re ready for cyclophane and a ribbon.
- Coffee drinker: Nothing goes better with a holiday coffee drink then fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls. Create a box of cinnamon rolls (topped with plenty of icing) and sprinkle a touch of cinnamon on top. Pair the box with the recipient’s favorite type of coffee, and you’ve created the perfect holiday duo.
- Home chef: Know someone who spends every possible moment in the kitchen cooking up their latest recipes? Craft an arrangement of homemade salts. These recipes for Lime-Ginger Salt, Curry Salt, Porcini Salt, and more are easy to create and tasty to use.
- Barista: Who’s the person in your life always attempting to recreate your favorite gourmet espresso beverage? Create Espresso-Flavored Sugar Cubes to be added to hot chocolate, eggnog, or coffee.
The holidays are all about gift-giving, but if you’d rather give an experience, these food gift ideas are perfect. Choose from our recipes or create your own holiday favorite to pack up and finish with a holiday bow.